Quick Links: Click here to find out if you live within our area.
Established since 2002, Sure Start Palfrey Children's Centre is an "Outstanding" (OFSTED, 2010) rated Children's Centre which delivers in partnership, a range of high quality services, for families with children aged 0-5. Services aim to support parents / carers and to enable children to flourish at home and to thrive when they start school. The Children’s Centre programme is based on the concept that providing integrated education with childcare, family support and health services are key factors in achieving good outcomes for children and parents.
Who can use the Children's Centre?
Our Centre serves a designated catchment area. To find out if you live within this area use the Quick Link at the top of the page.
You can register with Sure Start Palfrey Children's Centre if:
- you live in Palfrey, Caldmore, Delves, Chuckery, Paddock or Park Hall.
- you have a child aged 0-5 or care for a child of this age.
- you are expecting a baby.
- you are a Childminder or grandparent/ aunt / uncle and care for a child aged 0-5 who lives in our catchment area.
We offer the following services for children under five and their families:
Education and Childcare
- Early education and day care for children from 6 months to 5 years
- Minimum of 48 weeks per year
- Up to 10 hours per day, 5 days per week (Mon - Fri)
- Lots of family fun and learning opportunities such as Play & Stay Groups (including Weekend Dads and Toddlers Club), Story Sessions, Toy Library, Swimming Sessions, Weekend & School Holiday Activities, Family Learning, Trips and Outings, Play In The Home and much more!!!
- Support for Childminders
Family Support and Outreach work
Support, advice and information for parents aimed at giving children the best possible start in life. This can be provided in your own home or at the centres and is given by qualified family support staff:
- Family Support Services / Homevisiting & Outreach
- Support for Dads / Male Carers
- Information on and access to local services for children under five and their families
Child and Family Health Services
Through Sure Start Palfrey Children's Centre you can access a range of healthcare services such as:
Workshops and advice on:
- Maternity Support Services (including access to Community Midwives & Health Visitors)
- Baby Clinic Play & Stay
- Support for Children with Disabilities and Special Educational Needs
- Healthy Lifestyles (e.g. Personal Health Trainer service)
- Mobile Dental Unit
- Baby Massage
- Speech & Language Therapy
- Smoking Cessation
- Antenatal Parent Education & Postnatal classes
- Healthy Eating
- Health & Safety
Links to Jobcentres and Training Providers
Co-ordinated services including:
Training will be supported by Crèche facilities or funded approved childcare
- Advice on entering the workforce
- Personal (one-to-one) and group sessions with Parent Engagement Coordinator about your career aspirations
- Basic skills training
- Accredited training