What Children's Centres Can Do For You...
Sure Start Palfrey Children's Centre delivers the following services for families with under 5s...
Education & Childcare
- Early education and day care for children from 6 months to 5 years
- Early learning opportunities (e.g. Play & Stay groups, Weekend Activities, Story Sessions, School Holiday Activities, Family Learning, Trips and Outings, Play In The Home and much more!!!
Heath & Family Support Services
Support, advice and information for parents aimed at giving children the best possible start in life. This can be provided in your own home or at the centres and is given by qualified family support staff:
- Family Support / Home Visits (this service offers assistance within the family home such as increasing social support, promoting stimulating play in the home etc).
- Support for Fathers / Male Carers (specialist Father’s Worker available)
- Information on and access to local services for children under five and their families
- Antenatal Parent Education Classes for first time parents delivered at the Children’s Centre by trained practioners.
- Breastfeeding Support (including a “peer to peer” support group)
- Maternity Support Services (including access to Community Midwives & Health Visitors)
- Baby Clinic Stay & Play
- Support for children with Disabilities and SEN
- Speech & Language Services
- Healthy Lifestyles (e.g. Healthy Eating, Personal Health Trainer service)
- Parenting Programmes
- Dental Care / Oral Health Promoter
- Quit Smoking
- Home Safety Visits
- Home Fire Risk Assessment Visits (carried out by the Fire Service, they are completely free and you may be eligible for free smoke alarms to be fitted were required.
Links To Jobcentres & Training Providers
Co-ordinated services including:
AND MUCH MORE!!!