We are here to help...
Sure Start Palfrey Children’s Centre provides a confidential,culturally sensitive health and family support service..
If you feel you need some support then your Children’s Centre can help….
We provide a confidential, culturally sensitive health & family support service which has been praised and commended by Ofsted. For example, safeguarding practice and protocols for making referrals, sharing relevant information and helping families in time of crisis were described as “exemplary” by Ofsted.
The support offered to families is a process which seeks to strengthen families and communities and aims to foster the best possible development of children and family members and their quality of life (in terms developing their social, intellectual, physical and emotional well being). The support offered is all about putting children and families first and empowering them to realise their potential.
Our aim is to identify, as early as possible, children and families in need of support and the following services are currently available:
- Family Support / Home Visits this service offers assistance within the family home such as increasing social support, promoting stimulating play in the home etc.
- Support for Fathers / Male Carers specialist Father’s Worker available.
- Antenatal Parent Education Classes for first time parents delivered at the Children’s Centre by trained practioners.
- Breastfeeding Support including a “peer to peer” support group.
- Maternity Support Services including access to Community Midwives & Health Visitors.
- Baby Clinic Stay & Play
- Support for children with Disabilities and SEN
- Speech & Language Services
- Healthy Lifestyles e.g. Healthy Eating, Personal Health Trainer service.
- Parenting Programmes
- Dental Care / Oral Health Promoter
- Quit Smoking
- Home Safety Visits
- Home Fire Risk Assessment Visits carried out by the Fire Service, they are completely free and you may be eligible for free smoke alarms to be fitted were required.